March 5, 2010

Stone and Glass

At last, my beaded lamp can be revealed.  It seemed like i should wait till our "Light" exhibit opened at Elements Glass Gallery before I post the photo.  So now, it's time.  Everyone was really kind to come out and support us last night, and I got a lot of good feedback on the lamp, which was a great feeling!

I hope to have more photos soon, from different angles. But for now, here's a picture taken last night by Sharon Segal.  Thanks so much, Sharon!

The base is made of alabaster, which my darling husband drilled through to insert a light fixture holding a light bulb. The globe is a cool-looking crackly white-on-clear glass, glued to the stone base.  And the beadwork is free-form sculptural peyote, using many sizes of glass seed beads and crystals.  The beadwork is sewn to a cloth strip which is glued to the glass globe at the top. That is the only place where it's actually attached to the globe, but the rest of the work is stitched to fit pretty snugly. I call it "Dawn's Early Light."

Please let me know what you think.  If you feel you simply MUST own this lamp, it is for sale at Elements Gallery in NW Portland!

Baruch atah adonai, eloheinu melech ha'olam, shehechiyanu v'kihimanu, v'higiyanu lazman hazeh.


No comments: