March 2, 2008

A Big Step

I finally did it. I summoned the courage to approach a store owner about carrying my work. Not just any store.... Afikomen, the beautiful Jewish gift shop/book store in Berkeley. Gershon and I were going to be in the area for a Bar Mitzvah, so I e-mailed ahead to ask if I could bring some things to show them. And they said yes! So I brought in some work on Friday, and they took a number of kippot and Hamsa pendants on the spot!

I know this seems like such a no-brainer, but for me it's a really big step, and I'm really excited about it. They carry a lot of beautiful Judaica in this shop, and I think they have a good mailing list, so it's an honor to be represented there.

Afikomen Judaica
3042 Claremont Ave
Berkeley, CA 94705
510.655.1977
877.284.2345

2 comments:

Dawn Kepler said...

HURRAY! I'm so happy for you Esther. May this be just the first store with many more to come.

Rabbi Ruth Adar said...

Mazal tov, Esther!

AND what a wonderful blog! I wasn't aware of it before, but I will be regular in reading it from now on. Wonderful!