February 22, 2010

Back to the Grindstone

The CHAIR is finished!  It's not as extensively beaded as I had originally planned, but it's definitely cute.  And cute is important, right?  Very pink-and-purple, with hearts and everything.  We were supposed to give it a clever name, so I called it "Love Seat."  Which is almost clever.

The Love Seat will be featured for sale in the Chair Affair auction on April 8th, which is a benefit for the Portland Community Warehouse.   For more info, and some amazing photos of last year's chairs, see their website:   http://communitywarehouse.org/chairaffair/

So now, it's back to the grindstone for me. The Light project.  Okay, you've guessed by now... it's a lamp. With beading all around the glass globe.  It's been frustrating, but after a few days away from it, I think I can see it more objectively now.  It's pretty nice, and everyone else seems to think it's done.  Of course, I know better.  It's NOT done, but it will be.  Now I have a few days to add to it, and then I'll glue it to the glass at the end.  Hmmm, but first I actually have to make some new web pages before Wednesday night.  Oh well, it was fun visiting the Grindstone.  Back in a few...

No comments: