February 18, 2010

The Dark Before the Light

Despite my moaning, groaning, and general whining, the project-from-heck is coming along.  I got it into a presentable form to submit to the jury Tuesday night, accompanied by a note explaining that it isn't finished, but I would like their feedback.  Sort of like a note-from-mom-saying-that-the-dog-ate-my-homework.  Believe it or not, the jury accepted the project for the show!  There have been some very dark moments during this process, and may still be more to come, but I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel (play on words, since the exhibit's theme is "Light."  Clever, huh?)

Notice how I'm not telling you what it is?  You'll have to come see it at the Exhibit (see info below).  So now i guess I have to finish it, right?  Ack!

But today I decided to take a break from all that light, and do some work on my Chair Affair project.  Again, I'm not sure it will be ready on time, since they moved up the deadline.  But I'll do what I can.  It's a worthy cause, and a fun event.  And the little dollhouse chair I bought to decorate is sooo cute! Plus, there's no yellow involved, which at this point is very appealing !

I hope a lot of people come to both of these events.  Sorry, no dogs allowed.


"Light" Exhibit, featuring 20 ORA artists & associates
March 4 -14, 2010
(First Thursday reception March 4th at 5:30 pm)
 Elements Gallery and Hot Shop
 1979 NW Vaughn St
  503.228.0575


The Chair Affair, a benefit auction for Portland Community Warehouse
Thursday, April 8, 2020
5:30 - 9:00 pm
The Bison Building
419 NE Tenth St.
503.206.5244  or  linda@communitywarehouse.org  for information

1 comment:

Dawn Kepler said...

I can't be at the show so post what you took... eventually.